Monday, January 5, 2009

PTQ Portland damage report

We left Salem pretty late, decided to stop for dinner (Indian food twice in three nights... but doesn't beat Red Robin three times in one night), thought we wouldn't be able to make the trip up that night, but then ventured out anyway when it stopped snowing and started raining.

More tonight, as I am very late for work, but here are my results:
PTQ (97 players) - 0-2 drop
Sat. GPT (14 players) - 3-1 (received a scoop), lost in T4
Sun. GPT (11 players) - 3-1 (received a scoop in last round), received a scoop in T4, beat carmate Alex West in the final

Saturday the scoop was from Zaiem who likely could not make T4 (he maaaaaybe could have because there was an ill-advised ID at the top)

One of the scoops I actually lost but he scooped me in when his friend who was trying to get in lost (a little shady, more later), I received a scoop going into Game 3 in the T4 from someone who was not sure he was going.

I played Zoo all weekend, with a minor tweak to the sideboard to adjust for the metagame. (Since I was not playing Round 3, I took the opportunity to scout the room. That straw poll also comes later.)

This weekend I might be switching decks to a more positioned deck. In LA we may be playing something even more different. More on that... later. Real life beckons.

No comments: