Monday, January 19, 2009

Damage report

So Gavin Verhey made me chicken out of playing Zoo, so I run his GB Loam deck. Here's what happens if you weren't following:

Round 4 vs. Doran - D
Round 5 vs. Faeries - D
Round 6 vs. GB Loam - D
Round 7 vs. Swans - W
Round 8 vs. GB Rock - L, drop.

I don't know too many that have been satisfied with a record of 1-1-3. Maybe I was playing too slow, or maybe the deck needs to be jiggered with some aggro elements to win more matches in the Swiss.

Upset, I decide to go back to running Zoo, and adjust for what I perceived the metagame would be like in the PTQ based on the 2-0 bracket of Round 3 that I scouted out: tons of Faeries and GB decks. I throw 3 Dark Confidant back in the main, and I get to try out Proclamation of Rebirth (AWESOME) but decline to run Kitchen Finks in the sideboard thinking I can dodge aggro decks. Hmm, how did that one go?

Round 1 vs. Mono Red - L
Round 2 vs. UB Tron - W
Round 3 vs. Faeries - L (against a friend from NC, Game 3 he topdecks Explosives on my team, then after I Proclamation of Rebirth them back, he topdecks ANOTHER)
Round 4 vs. Mono Red - L

Grrrr that stupid burn deck.

So that was my Magic weekend.

No comments: