Friday, November 7, 2008

Unfortunate circumstances

A family emergency came up and I have to fly home tonight, so I won't be playing in States. I put down a lot of money to build the deck I wanted to play, but some things are bigger than dollars and playing Magic cards.

So what's next for me?
  • There is a limited PTQ in Portland, OR on December 6.
  • Worlds is the following weekend, which will then be the launching pad for Extended testing. This may be a different format than what we saw in Berlin if changes to the Banned list happen and/or if the pros shake up/fix the format.
  • But before Extended PTQs gets going, Tony Mayer will be hosting a Standard tournament December 20 for a Mox Pearl to 1st and a Library of Alexandria for 2nd.
  • Extended PTQs will start with the new year and run until April, but rumor has it on January 16-18 is Grand Prix: Los Angeles, which I am interested in attending if it is for real. I will strongly consider going to any other constructed Grand Prix in North America.
So I guess after this weekend I'll be back to the grind of drafting, drafting, drafting.

No comments: