Thursday, October 1, 2009

Romanticising Magic

I wish I had someone like Rich Hagon narrating my life. In fact, probably any British sportscaster would do, since they're the only people on the planet that could make me want to watch dart throwing on TV, but I think I'd prefer Rich Hagon. If professional Magic were shown weekly like professional football, it'd sound exactly like the PT Kuala Lumpur coverage with the dramatic play-by-play.

Anyway, I don't read a whole lot of Magic articles nowadays, but I did read this one, the story of a young British Magic player who recently ended a long bout with cancer. If they ever made a movie or documentary about what it's like to be a PTQ grinder (I'm not sure how I'll feel about I Came To Game. Being a pro's a little different than driving to PTQ's every weekend), it'd go a little something like this article. And Rich Hagon would beat out Morgan Freeman for the part of narrator.

No comments: