Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My love affair with Ondu Cleric

And by love affair I mean chance hookup turned into a crazy psychopath who won't stop drunk dialing you. And that I apparently have not been able to get away from despite the mounds of regret the morning after/0-2 later.

But I have all these allies like Turntimber Ranger, Umara Raptor, Oran-Rief Survivalist, and Nimana-Sell Sword! They make each other awesome!

But how often will you draw them with Ondu Cleric? Probably not as often as you think. How often will you just have Ondu Cleric? More often than you think. And how good is Ondu Cleric by itself? Dreadful.

But I opened three Ondu Clerics!

Congrats, you made all your allies Loxodon Hierarches. Too bad Loxodon Hierarch was a 4/4 and Ondu Cleric is a 1/1.

Yeah, I way overvalue this card in sealed. Lifegain doesn't matter as much as I thought it did, especially when it's your T2 that you waste getting it online when it should be Kor Skyfisher or Plated Geopede. Those guys know how to battle, and are worth way more than a few life.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to stop looking at your blog.
Every time I see Ondu Cleric, I go into a fit of anger and rage.

Unknown said...

ONNNDDUUUU CLEEEERICCCCC *infinite rage*

Daniel said...

My new fling is Hedron Scrabbler. Not terrible.

Unknown said...

Are you trying to be on the cutting edge of Magic technology by trying to break awful cards?