Sunday, September 27, 2009

"The lands continue to burn" - Zendikar Prerelease

I went to the Seattle prerelease and played in one flight. I didn't open any power, but I'll talk about some of the cards I did open:

Harrow - Okay, I didn't know this card was an instant. How sick is it to Harrow at instant speed for your splash color and play a combat trick... not that Harrow isn't a combat trick already with landfall guys.

Punishing Fire - I made the mistake of splashing this with only 1 Mountain in my deck.

Relic Crush - Maindeckable in Sealed with all the Expeditions and Equipment and Journey to Nowhere?

Quest for the Gemblades - This card's really good, but maybe suited for a deck that actually had lots of two and three drops that want to trade early on, which my deck wasn't. It was never relevant.

Oracle of Mul Daya - Sick. Put spells to the top of my deck. Landfall twice a turn. Seems good.

Pillarfield Ox - I think this card's okay? I mean, he blocks stuff... good ol' Giant Spider.

Kor Cartographer - I don't know if this guy's that good. He accelerates and triggers landfall... but just doesn't seem exciting.

Kor Skyfisher - Awesome with a 1-drop equipment! And also awesome for bouncing lands for Landfall.

Will probably start doing Sealeds on Magic-League and stuff... anyway, that's all I've got on the Prerelease. This format seems fun!

No comments: