Monday, September 21, 2009

Walking to San Diego 2009

The Zendikar prerelease weekend is next weekend, and with that will be preparations for the upcoming PTQ season. For whatever reason, I wasn't into Standard last month... maybe it was only having one PTQ and not wanting to acquire cards that are rotating out. But now it's Limited season!

Here's the plan:
Sat October 17 - PTQ Boise
Sat October 24 - PTQ Seattle
Sun November 8 - MODO
Sun November 15 - MODO
Sat November 21 - PTQ Portland
Sun November 22 - MODO
Fri November 27 - MODO (pending)
Sun November 29 - MODO
Sun December 6 - MODO
Sat December 19 - PTQ Seattle
Sun December 20 - MODO
Sat December 26 - MODO
Sun December 27 - PTQ Rockville, MD (not sure, but I'll be on the East coast for sure for Christmas)

If you haven't heard about the MODO qualifiers, there are basically shootout tournaments that you have to 5-1 to qualify for the main event, which is the actual PTQ. These will probably be pretty difficult, but what would you be doing instead? Drafting. Seems like good practice and good way to examine your game in a high stakes situation.

Anyway, before Zendikar comes out on MODO, I'll be rocking Magic-League and reviving the M-L Sealed stats script. I'm also long overdue to look at some MODO replays of mine to tighten up my game and look for the right plays... right now I'm not taking the time to make the right play. Waaaaay too often I auto-pilot and start doing something and decide that something completely different would have been better. Probably a discipline thing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I, for one, look forward to commenting on your recaps.

Also thanks for this list...I think I will refer to it when I am trying to figure out what the heck is going on in magic-land.

- Mike Gurney

Daniel said...

The MODO PTQ list above isn't comprehensive, just the one's I can do. Thursday night PTQ's don't excite me.

Unknown said...

Don't you mean...Thursday night into Friday night PTQ's? (I mean..if you do plan on doing well..)

Daniel said...

Exactly what doesn't excite me about it.