Sunday, February 15, 2009

Limited > Extended apparently

So there haven't been updates this week because, well, I haven't been playing much Magic this week. This weekend I did play a lot of MODO... I think I did about 5 drafts, won one of them, I think made the second round of 2 of them, and scrubbed out of the others... so 5 drafts became 8 packs :/

I just finished a ALA Sealed Nix Tix qualifier, and I T4'd. My pool had Elspeth and double Sigil of Distinction. I lost a match in three to a clutch Battlegrace Angel, and then lost my last match of Swiss to mana screw in the last game, but it didn't matter since my tiebreakers were very good.

In the draft, I was heavy Black and ended up Grixis. I played the person I lost to in the last round and won in 3, then lost in 3 to a Jund deck due to my deck not serving up Red mana. I'm up 50 rating points, and I'm qualified for a free ALA Sealed tournament Saturday... which means I'm even more unmotivated to make the trip to Vancouver this weekend.

Maybe if I had a larger collection on MODO, I'd be more into this current Constructed season, but I don't, which means I have to find real people to practice Constructed with, and I don't have the means or drive to do it during the week, whereas with MODO you can almost instantaneously draft. MWS is an option for Constructed, but it's actually pretty hard to find game on Magic League late at night on the West Coast.

Anyway, for whatever reason, I'm losing my drive to do well in this Extended format. I think I'd rather play Limited and keep getting better at Magic, because I still make tons of mistakes that just go unpunished in Constructed testing but would cost you prizes in a draft.

I'll probably write a report of this tournament this week, as I'll be looking through the replays for mistakes anyway.

No comments: