Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Magic Workstation sealed deck generator = fail

So now that the Magic-League official Shards of Alara patch was released, I tried to do a Sealed Deck with Alex from Pitt. I generated mine and was going through commons and uncommons until I get this message:

(21:55:15) Alex: wait
(21:55:29) Alex: how does it do the mythic rares
(21:55:45) Alex: cause i just got 4 mythics and 5 regulars in a pool

Apparently the people who wrote the patch added a new 'M' rarity, and I have no idea how they figured it, but you get 1-2 Mythics per booster pack in addition to rares and 2-5 Mythics in a tournament pack. Not sure why they didn't just make them regular rares, which I think would be the most reasonable thing to do to simulate sealed decks given what's available.

Probably Thursday I'll try to write some JavaScript page that can generate Sealed Decks ala Magic-League for its Minis and link it here, because I really would like to practice building decks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I mean, I PLAN on opening up that much amazingness in my sealed pool to destroy the competition this weekend, but I realize that this may not be the case for everyone.

Matt said...

Epic fail with the Mythics :((