Tuesday, March 9, 2010

PTQ Vancouver

So I went 4-3 in Vancouver with Matej Zatlkaj's Faeries Thopter deck. I should have probably been 5-2 if I weren't bad at Magic and possibly Top 8 if I had also gotten a little more fortunate in one match, but mostly because I'm retarded.

Anyway, I don't know what to play in Boise in two weeks. I'm expecting a similar metagame to Vancouver: very spread out ,so I'd like to play deck with power. Decks on the radar:

- Faeries Thopter, so long as I don't see a Zoo deck or Night of Souls' Betrayal, I think this deck beats everything else in the format.
- Zoo, also good against most of the format, but I don't have a clue in the mirror, for some reason. 0-2 in Oakland in the mirror, which seems to depend very heavily on deck construction since the game play seems straight forward.
- Into the Depths (GB Depths with Rite of Consumption) - I dismissed this because someone who played it said it wasn't good against random decks in the format, but it is pretty good against Zoo and Thopter Depths.
- Grixis Haterator - I'm willing to give the deck a try after seeing Gavin X-2 with it.
- Loucks Zoo - This deck looks like a great upgrade to Zoo.
- Bant - Also seems like a good alternative to Zoo.

No comments: