Monday, May 11, 2009

GPT Seattle Event Coverage - Federal Way

26 people showed up in Federal Way to earn some byes for our hometown Grand Prix, and I wrote match reports on my laptop from round 3 onward.

Round 3 - Zaiem Beg vs. Grant Bolanos
Round 4 - Kent Ketter vs. Andrew
Round 5 - Ian Kendall vs. Josh Searl
Quarterfinals - Alex West vs. Blaine Rybacki
Quarterfinals - Zaiem Beg vs. Grant Bolanos, Game 3
Semifinals - Zaiem Beg vs. Alex West (Coming soon, I had to handwrite notes, so it will take more than a few minutes to write a report.)
Finals - Zaiem Beg vs. Kent Ketter

And you know what that means? I did the big 0-2 drop. I was going to play a homebrew Naya deck that I really thought had legs, but I could not finish the deck without Wilt-Leaf Lieges. Needing a deck to play, I was handed a Jund Ramp deck. I played like an absolute donk who doesn't know what his cards do in Round 1, and in Round 2 I lost to GW Tokens to not being confident in the hands to start. I feel like it's the wrong attitude to have but.... meh.

No comments: